Douglas Meeks's Reviews > The Circle trilogy

The Circle trilogy by Nora Roberts

Aug 09, 2011

Recommended for: Anyone with a soul
Read in June, 2009

While not a huge fan of Nora Roberts I have to be impressed by the sheer volume of work she puts out, but most of it does not interest me. This trilogy is what I would call a HUGE exception, it was entertaining, the story-line that some have thought predictable was captivating and I find it an epic example of what I hope to find when I read any book in this genre. This is the gold standard I use to measure other works against. The thing here is why? The main thing for me in any book is to be entertained, I do not want adjustments to my moral compass nor do I wish to involve myself in thinly veiled political barbs. I want to be entertained and happy when I finish or at least impressed (as opposed to depressed). This trio of novels has it all, epic nature, soaring romance, heroic efforts, armies on a battlefield. Yep, she threw in the kitchen sink here and I love it. If I could only recommend one series to anyone, this is it (and I read hundreds). If you cannot enjoy this work I am sorry for your soul since you can't be a very happy person .

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Circle trilogy.

04/27/2016 marked as: read