Suz's Reviews > Fury's Kiss

Fury's Kiss by Karen Chance

Oct 26, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy
Read from October 23 to 26, 2012

4.5 Stars. The best book in the Dorina Basarab series. In my opinion it's the best of both the Dorina Basarab and the Cassandra Palmer series.

Non-stop action, just enough smexy to make you want more, changes in character and long-arc growth and development that not only boggle the mind but left me breathless for more.

The end is not a cliff hanger but there were so many changes in the world and the character that it left me anxious to see more. That's really the way to keep a reader engaged without hanging them out to dry with a cliff-hanger marketing gimmick!

Negatives? I spent the first third of the book thinking I should have re-read the previous two. Although Chance does a fine job of bringing the reader up to speed there were smaller plot points that eluded me with vague feelings of "I remember that character exists but have no recollection at all of how they came to be a part of the story." It was frustrating and enhanced my frustration regarding the length of time it takes for these books to come to the shelf. It took me nearly half the book to shed that frustration and just settle into the book. My memory is not so good after three years.

Also, there were several places where the scene changes were rather jarring, even in the places where it was denoted with a chapter change. So much of this book occurred in the mind, so it worked with the storyline but it required a certain amount of just going with it until it resolves itself.

I really do love this series, though, even more than the Cassandra Palmer series. This book is the crowning jewel in both series so far.
*************************
Looks like it got pushed back from July 3 to October 2012.
1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fury's Kiss.