Alessia's Reviews > Emily's Quest

Emily's Quest by L.M. Montgomery

F_50x66
Aug 09, 11

After having read the whole series, I am still not sure if I liked this story or not : I gave it 3 stars as some issues bugged me.
Emily as an adult is as cold as ice, she does not show any affection for anybody. I did not like Dean, I thought he was mean and underhand although he redeems himself a little in the end: however his relationship with Emily always sounded wrong to me.
Teddy is a shadow carachter, totally uninteresting and dull, I wonder what Emily saw in him at all. For most of the story he does not say or do anything at all.
I liked the first two books better as Emily seemed to focus so much on her writing. However I thought she would have been more consistent if she had gone to New York, rather than be a coward (as I see it) and stay at home. That was the chance of a lifetime.I know it is supposed to be autobiographical but Montgomery did go away to Halifax (?) and then decided to go back, whereas her heroine just never experiences anything else other than PEI. Bit too harsh?
The ending was a bit of a relief, after a lot of suffering and misunderstandings. I did not think it was too rushed, infact I quite like it as it is.

1 like · likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Emily's Quest.