Nici's Reviews > A Perfect Blood

A Perfect Blood by Kim Harrison

Feb 23, 12

bookshelves: urban-fantasy, kindle, vampires, witches, shifers, elves, demons
Read from February 21 to 23, 2012

** spoiler alert ** The thing I love about those books is that you can't put them down. I tried hard to read as slow as I can so that this damn feeling of "hey I have to wait another year for the next one" won't come so soon...

I will say that Pale Demon will be my favourite Hollows book but this one is close to it.

The interaction between all characters is great especially between Trent and Rachel. (BTW loving the idea of the ring...and the possibilities...) They are still arguing with each other but there are also tender moments between them. It's funny that Rachel likes having secrets with him. The scene where both of them are drinking coffee and eating pie was far too short!!! I could read a whole book just about them arguing, apologizing, going on runs, drinking coffee, doing other stuff ;)

Jenks is funny as always and I like the fact that he finally accepted Belle. I will miss him a lot when the series will end. He always makes me laugh.

Ivy is a different story. At first I was glad that she and Glenn were an item but it also seemed kind of wrong, at least to me. Ivy, Glenn and Wayde - well I don't know. Ivy is more relaxed in this book it seems but on the other hand, we haven't seen so much of her.

I was glad when David showed up. I didn't expect him to show up at all but I was very very happy. The scene in the tattoo parlor was great and to "see" him proud of his female alpha was nearly making me cry.

The scene with Ceri was short and somehow felt wrong. Ceri and the babies seem to be so far away from Rachels world it's heartbreaking.

Al wasn't in there too much but I liked the scences he was in ;)

Wayde - Rachels new bodyguard - I like him, I really do but somehow he is too much of a macho sometimes and it served him right that that he had to run after Rachel in his shorts and that she knocked him out to be alone with her elf *lol*

Nina - well Nina. I think Nina will show up in the next book because of Ivy. She could be a good match for Ivy. Ivy had to deal with Piscary, Nina with Felix. Ivy can help her heal, I really hope that Ivy is okay, now with Glenn leaving (what is he thinking??)

Winona - I hope to see her again. Rachel needs more female friends now that Ceri is busy with "her" girls.

I felt a little melancholy creeping up especially 'cause Rachel said it herself: Everyone is moving on with life. She will too I know that but it is sad...for us fans too. We have to move on without them too soon...
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Perfect Blood.

Quotes Nici Liked

Kim Harrison
“My mother isn't crazy. She simply has a harder time than most reconciling her reality with everyone else's reality.”

Kim Harrison
“Oh, I'm sorry. Did I interrupt some sort of dominance foreplay?”

Kim Harrison
“The want for that kiss had shocked him more than the interruption, and he fell back into the chair, cool and nonchalant as Quen came in with his questions and demands. He wasn't sure if he believed he'd really helped, but one thing was very clear. He wanted that again, that feeling of standing with her against all odds and succeeding. He wanted it so bad, he was going to risk destroying everything he and his father had worked for. He should walk away. Right now. But as she was ushered out the door under David's arm, all he wanted to do was follow her. What the hell was he doing, falling in love with a demon?”

Kim Harrison
“My God", he whispered. What have I done to her? He thought, humbled. The spell was broken, but it wasn't sealed, and her soul was bare to him, the scars of her tragic past and her triumphs over pain and her aching need to find her place. He just wanted to hold her to him and tell her it would be okay, that she had survived and was beautiful.”

Comments (showing 1-2)

dateUp arrow    newest »

VampireNovelFan Good progress there!

Nici VampireNovelFan wrote: "Good progress there!"

;) god i loved it