Helen's Reviews > Where the Bodies Are Buried

Where the Bodies Are Buried by Christopher Brookmyre

Aug 13, 11

Read from August 09 to 13, 2011

Read chapter one this morning, two phrases really jump out and are typical of Brookmyre's style.

'If conceit was consumption, Wee Sacks there would be dead'

'It wasn't a healthy sign that it took his initial surprise to remind him that most normal people still found this kind of thing shocking'

Love them, if this is just the first chapter then the whole book should be fantastic.

Finished!!!!!

Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert! Spoiler alert!

I love the red herring with Jai McDermaid! I had a sneaky thought that Jim was Jai all the way along, how wrong could I have been. Brilliant ending (and by ending I mean the last 5 or so chapters!)

Though now I need to go and read the others again to find out the character cross over, I haven't figured it out yet. I'm pretty certain there wasn't one in Pandeamonium, but that was a trip to the fantasy genre as well with blood and gore all over the place, not the normal Brookmyre.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Where the Bodies Are Buried.