Alan Hoffman's Reviews > Truth and Consequences: Special Comments on the Bush Administration's War on American Values

Truth and Consequences by Keith Olbermann

Aug 08, 11

Like another person said, I don't completely follow how far he goes with his rhetoric, but I'm usually with him about 90% of the way.

But he says something important in his introduction: " amid all the tumult and the threatening and name-calling, I have yet to see serious refutations of either the facts or the conclusions in these Comments."

I'll listen to a conservative commentator, if I believe he/she has a sober argument based on accurate information. But go to the Media Matters website. Sure they have a liberal bias, but they show that commentators like Bill O' Reilly and Sean Hannity will contradict themselves or quote out of context.

Olbermann, Bill Moyers, and Al Franken at least have a respect for responsible commentary or try to provide opinions based on logic.

And the Bush administration and the others Olbermann mentions really need to be held accountable for the subtle ways they twist the truth.

His Worst Person in the World book is good too. And I recommend Woodard's State of Denial for those who haven't read it.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Truth and Consequences.