Tanvir Muntasim's Reviews > The Rise of Endymion

The Rise of Endymion by Dan Simmons

Jun 12, 12

Read in April, 2009

No adjective is sufficient to describe the majestic sweep of this epic conclusion to the most intelligent,literary, intelligibly complex, by turns vast and intimate science fiction epic. It emulates and possibly surpasses much more well known series like Foundation, Dune and Rama. The way it stacks up layer upon layer of details about characters that the reader comes to love, along with the details of different planets, technology, ideologies, without losing the strands of comprehension; simply defies belief and shows a writer at the height of his consummate skills. however, I feel worried that there are attempts at making this into a movie, and I can only despair at the intended sacrilege. To be fair to the epic scope of the series , one single movie wil never be enough. It might make a caricature out of this under appreciated magnum opus. I can only hope that Dan Simmons will someday decide to revisit this magnificent universe and offer us additions to this formidable tetralogy.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Rise of Endymion.