Zappyrat's Reviews > Keith Richards, Life as a Rolling Stone

Keith Richards, Life as a Rolling Stone by Barbara Charone

U_50x66
Aug 08, 11

For as long as I can remember Keith Richards has been the definition of cool for me. Before reading this book, I knew very little about the man outside of what you’d hear in the media and of course the music of The Rolling Stones. This book was not what I expected at all and after reading I am a bigger fan than I was before. Keith’s passion for music in all of its forms is inspiring. Because of this book I have discovered artists and music that I never knew existed. Yes, the man is flawed. He doesn’t glorify his substance abuse and his exploits but they are a part of his story and it’s all there. The history of The Rolling Stones and many of the people in their circle is fascinating. One of the most striking things to me aside from the history is how unbelievably loyal this man is. His outlook on friendship touched me at a time in my own life where I realize how much my own friends mean to me. I feel like I’m getting kinda sappy here but I absolutely LOVED this book. It’s a fantastic adventure and I highly recommend!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Keith Richards, Life as a Rolling Stone.