Heather Book Savvy Babe's Reviews > Night Walker

Night Walker by Lisa Kessler

3.5 of 5 stars

If you like vampire books, you will love The Night Walker. The Night Walker is the love story of a couple who through magic and reincarnation get a second chance to have a life together. The Night Walker is a powerful love story in an unconventional setting.

Callisto and Kate's story begins 250 years ago, when southern california was barely becoming "settled." Callisto had been a priest who fell in love with Kate, and when he confessed to his superiors that he wanted to leave the priesthood and marry, the results were disastrous. Kate was hunted down, hurt, and killed and Callisto became a broken man. He was turned into a Night Walker, a vampire like being who would live forever in the hopes that he would one day reunite with his reincarnated love. When Callisto finally finds Kate, he is determined to make his second chance work, but a misguided religious sect is determined to keep the couple apart.

I really liked The Night Walker, the vampire nature of Callisto is interesting and different in it's own way. There is not a large group of night walkers, Callisto is very much on his own. He has a lonely existence, waiting for his love. He is not an evil being, but of course, the church doesn't believe that. The church sect that will do anything to hurt the Night Walker made me mad, they were so prejudiced and biased that they failed to see their own faults. I really felt for Callisto and I wanted his story to work out. Callisto's biggest problem was his lack of communication with Kate. He kept his true nature hidden from her and had planned to try to keep the secret for as long as possible. That part was a bit confusing to me. I didn't understand how Callisto figured he would be able to keep her in the dark for so long. Anyhow, as for Kate, I liked her character as well. She had been through her own emotional ringer and she handled Callisto's idiosyncrasies pretty well.

The Night Walker is a very well-developed story. I am very curious about the Night Walkers, in the end very little background is given on them. Lisa Kessler does an admirable job of building anticipation for future books in the series, I know that I want to read the next books in the series to find out more about these different vampire-like beings.

The bottom line here, The Night Walker is a very good paranormal romance read. Readers who like paranormal, especially vampires will enjoy reading this book, and I recommend giving it a try.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Night Walker.

Lisa Kessler Thanks so much for reading and reviewing Night Walker!

I'm glad you enjoyed the book! :)

Lisa