JoYee Chu's Reviews > Darkness Divine

Darkness Divine by P.C. Cast

Aug 08, 11

Read in August, 2011

Well, this was a fast read. Usually short stories mean i would read it really fast, and i was taking the train most of the time to uni which mean an hour each way reading (though normally, i'm sleeping), which was good.

I must say, some developments had me going, "WHAT?!" then at other times i literally started giggling, chuckling, manically laughing on the train at the way some things were written. I considered buying the book (yes, it was a library book), and i'm still considering it. One of my favourites was definitely, The Amazon's Curse which had it's fair shares of laughter, and smiles.

There are some parts in 3 of the 4 stories that makes me wonder, "Um...what was the age recommended for this book audience again?", really, it seemed too...*ahem* adult, for a young audience, which i'm assuming starts at 13. o.0. Heaven Forbid.

All the stories were very well thought out, and the supernatural theme included was very alluring. In stead of only traditional supernatural creatures there were a few others thrown in there which made things very interesting. There are similarities between stories, which made me ask, "Did someone purposely edit it to be like this?" But that doesn't really matter.

This is a good, fast read, though i'd prefer the older half of the "Young Adult" readers to read it. The fighting seems to be glossed over at times, and others are SLIGHTLY more explicit.

Onto the next library book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Darkness Divine.