Tiff's Reviews > Across the Universe

Across the Universe by Beth Revis

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: own
Read in February, 2011

This book was AWESOME!! I don't think I can even stress it enough! Usually I don't read a whole lot in the realm of sci-fi but rescently i've really come to like it. I like how the book switches perspectives between the two main characters. I love the possibility of getting multiple sides of the story indepth and how each of them perceive a situation they're both a part of. I like the fact that you know nothing until the charactes do and that you kind of solve the mysteries of the ship along side them. It helped too that the book cover is two sided and has a map of Godspeed and is set up just like you're looking at your own personal floppy. It makes visualizing this new and impossible world a lot easier. And to top it all off when I was finished with this wonderful book I hurried to find the author's website to see about the books to follow, and she, as a person, is amazing! I love to write so the fact that she gives advice to writers and resources for those looking to follow their dream is really impressive. I loved her book so, so much and by seeing how she is as a person really just puts her at toward the top of the list as one of my new favorite authors.