Robert Delikat's Reviews > The Blood of Flowers

The Blood of Flowers by Anita Amirrezvani

Aug 09, 11

Read in August, 2011

I could not find anything terribly great about the book. I liked the narration a lot. Actually, I think it helped make this audio production more than I would have recommended it otherwise. The reader was exquisite is all that I can think describe her. While it's not uncommon that I highly rate chick flicks, this book is perhaps one that I think can mostly be appreciated by ladies. One of my past Audible selections was He Said She Said and through it I have come to understand that men and women by our very nature often do not appreciate all kinds of the same things in life. If you are a woman, then maybe this book is for you; if you are a guy then maybe not quite so much.

There are about 6 or 7 folktales interwoven within the main storyline. It's a nice touch. While two of these were actually original by the author, they all were cohesive and it was hard to tell which were modern and which were antique.

I've changed my rating of the book a few times now given that the more I thought about it the more I thought the book was more than just okay. While it wasn't totally my cup of tea, it was well crafted and probably a book that many would enjoy... even a few guys.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Blood of Flowers.