J'aime's Reviews > Love Means... No Shame

2200613
Aug 08, 2011

bookshelves: m-m, romance
Read in June, 2010

I’ve read a lot of gay cowboy romances, but this one stands out for being more, well, romantic! Usually, it’s lust at first sight, hot sex and finally the requisite “I love you” (whether believable or not). This book surprised me by going nearly halfway through before the characters become lovers. It was actually refreshing.

Geoff returns to his family farm after his father dies and realizes this is where he always wanted to be. So, he sets about taking over the business. One day, he finds a man sleeping in his barn. Elijah is Amish and on a sabbatical away from the community to decide if he wants to return and be baptized or remain with “the English.” Eli’s upbringing would have made a rough and tumble romance unrealistic. Instead, the author gives readers a lovely, slow courtship where the characters learn about one another first, then fall in love, before finally committing. And yes, the sex is still pretty steamy especially after all the anticipation has built.

Overall, I liked the characters, I liked the setting and I may just have to read the prequel when it’s available. Recommended.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Love Means... No Shame.