Laurine's Reviews > Prescription for Nutritional Healing: A Practical A-to-Z Reference to Drug-Free Remedies Using Vitamins, Minerals, Herbs & Food Supplements

Prescription for Nutritional Healing by Phyllis A. Balch

Apr 06, 08

Read in January, 1999

I love this book. It is my "health bible". I always consult this book for any sickness that my family has. I started with the 2nd edition and get a new copy each time a new one is available (the 4th is now available).

The first part of this book reviews nutrition, diet and wellness. Then there is a section that reviews vitamins, minerals, herbs, amino acids, antioxidants, etc. Each time you read about a particular vitamin for example, you receive an explanation about the vitamin, the source and additional comments.

Part two lists alphabetically sicknesses/disorders. This section reviews the disorder and then gives supplement and herbal suggestions. It continues with recommendations and considerations for the particular disorder.

Part three has remedies and therapies that are suggested in part two.

This book does focus on maintaining overall health. It does help you get to the underlying cause of a sickness rather than just covering up the symptoms.

I think every household needs a copy!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Prescription for Nutritional Healing.