David Santos's Reviews > Stay Out of the Basement

Stay Out of the Basement by R.L. Stine

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: goosebumps
Read on August 08, 2011 — I own a copy

Well "Welcome to Dead House" was better in my opinion. I'm not to keen on plant/human scientific dna stuff and I kind of knew what was happening from the start so the story was kind a dragged on for me, but still a very interesting book.

Judging a book by its cover (the other editions clearly show a human plant) I expected a completely different story. Like a monster in the basement killing all visitors or something, but it turned out alright.

One thing I realized after reading this book, was that I never knew how much third person annoys me. Margeret is the main character and everything is seen through her eyes, but told in third person Too many "she thought this, she thought that." I'm a fast reader, I move on to the next word before my brain has a chance to process what I just read, so add that with third person and it can be very confusing, but like I aid the book is not bad. Somethings I could do without (like the leaves growing from head, gross) but still workt picking up....even if just once.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stay Out of the Basement.

08/08/2011 page 46