ExLibris_Kate's Reviews > The Iron King

The Iron King by Julie Kagawa

Aug 26, 11

Read from August 24 to 25, 2011

Meghan Chase has all of the typical worries of a high school girl; boys, clothes an getting her learner's permit. Life wasn't perfect, but it wasn't bad, either. She has a loving family and her friend, Robbie, who always tries to make her laugh. On the 16th birthday things start to go wrong. Her brother is kidnapped and exchanged for a small creature and her friend Robbie is not who he seems. Meghan learns that she is actually the daughter of a Fey King and embarks on a dangerous journey to rescue her brother.

I have heard about this series over and over, but just picked it up in anticipation of the last installment, which will be released in October. This has most certainly lived up to the hype. An entire world is created based on the Faerie folklore that many of us have heard of through Shakespeare and old Celtic legends. The characters are developed and complex and the action is addictive.

The love story between Ash and Meghan is most definitely sigh-worthy and not as simple as you might think. This YA novel has broad appeal and I think that anyone who enjoys fantasy will love this book!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Iron King.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by FloeticFlo (new) - added it

FloeticFlo Me too! :)

ExLibris_Kate FloeticFlo wrote: "Me too! :)"

Uh, this book is really freaking good!!! I wish I had read this before I read the Glimmerglass series.