Wadzanai Mufunde's Reviews > The Throne of Fire

The Throne of Fire by Rick Riordan

Aug 11, 11

bookshelves: action-packed, mythical-adaptations, supernatural-magical, what-s-love-got-to-do-with-it
Read from August 08 to 10, 2011

This was a faced paced action filled adventure. I enjoyed it thoroughly and it was a break from the gritty Hunger Games. I know the covers shouldn't matter too much, but they do. What is with the British covers? I hate them! The second one was better than the first, at least but the snakes just look too fake. And why is it just Carter at the front? Sadie is just as important.

My favourite god in this one was by no doubt Bes. It was sad that there was not enough time with Anubis. He's such kid, man! Very limited. I can't tell you much about Bes because it would spoil it. Let's just say he has a colourful personality. He's loyal, funny and a great friend.

Once again, the Kanes have a deadline to make, and gods, magicians and monsters are trying to stop them. Not to mention the powers of Chaos. Apophis is a freak, plain and simple. I like Kronos better. I liked the brief mention of the Percy Jackson books, how Carter thought he once saw a flying horse :) The Kane kids have a lot to deal with. Some people have said they are adults pretending to be kids. The truth is, they're bound to act maturer in a situation like that. And Sadie was actually rather childish about her birthday.

They are perhaps a little too indestructible, even without hosting gods. But do you want the world to perish? Riordan also managed to make it funny, as usual. Got to love Felix and his penguins!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Throne of Fire.