Sam Woodfield's Reviews > Bloodline

Bloodline by Mark Billingham

F 50x66
Aug 08, 11

I really loved this book!! Most crime novels take the same basic plot and tweak it slightly - super brained detective follows the clues and saves the final victim at the lat minute. Thats nothing like this novel. Billingham has created Thorne as a slightly flawed man fighting his demons and being outwitted by a serial killer. Does Thirne get there in time? - I wont ruin the ending, but it certainly kept me gripped from beginning to end. I als loved the premise - son of a serial killer killing all the children of his fathers victims - and the twists this takes as the novel progresses means I really couldnt put this down. The more I read the more I wanted and Billingham subtly creates this pull for his readers. There was nothing overly tense about this novel, not like others where every chapter ends in a cliff hanger, but there is something about Billinghams style which really drew me along!

I will be tramping the pavements to find other offerings by Billingham as if his other offerings are even half as good as this one, I think I may hvae found myself a new favourite crime writter!

Superb!!
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Bloodline.