David Stoneking's Reviews > Commencement

Commencement by John Jackson Miller

Aug 08, 11

I own a copy, read count: 1

So far I love this series. It takes all the best parts of the original videogame, then throws it in a new settings with great characters. The story follows the path of a padawan Zayne Garrick, kind of a goofball character who's at the bottom of his class in everything he does.

The reveals are great, the characters are fun and interesting. I'm going to be continuing this series from here. Heck, this comic book has rekindled my love for star wars. Highly recommended.

(BIG) Spoilers below:

Since I don't know how to hide spoilers, here's a bit more regarding the storyline:

When his Jedi Masters receive a vision of the students rising up and leading to their ultimate destruction, they conspire and execute the murder of all their 5 students. Sheer misfortune leads to Zayne arriving late to the trap, to find his class members dead before him and placing him on the run.

He's pursued by his masters, and ultimately gathers together a group of criminals, rogues, and refugee's to aide him in his escape, to plan his steps from there.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Commencement.