Habrewer's Reviews > Plum Lucky

Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich

Aug 13, 11

Read from August 08 to 13, 2011

Plum Lucky by Janet Evanovich
*This book is part of my personal library*

In Plum Lucky Stephanie and the gang are up to their usual antics. Grandma Mazur finds a duffle bag and takes off for Atlantic City in a RV with Randy Briggs driving.

Stephanie and Lulu head to Atlantic City to find grandma and the money before the mobster Delvina finds her. While there they run into Diesel and the antics begin. Diesel is hunting for Snuggy, a former jockey, who is looking for grandma because she has the stolen money. Snuggy stole the money from Delvina to pay for the former race horse Doug’s surgery.

The book is full of typical Stephanie antics including cars being blown up, grandma getting into trouble and leprechaun’s oh my. No matter how good her intentions are, Stephanie always manages to get herself into trouble. With some quick maneuvering, Stephanie and Diesel come up with the rest of Delvina’s money to rescue grandma.

We get to see all the usual suspects in this book including Lulu and Connie. This cast of secondary characters had me rolling on the floor, especially Snuggy. I loved the scene where the Doberman tells him to take his clothes off then he will be invisible, very funny. Lulu always provides for comic relief.

I enjoy the Stephanie Plum books as a palette cleanser, they are light, fun reads that have me laughing out loud. I typically can only read them one at a time (hence why I’m behind) because they are all similar in stories and antics. I love that all my favorite characters make an appearance in each of the books and I’m dying to know if she will end up with Morelli or Ranger.

Overall if you are looking for a fun read and are a Stephanie Plum fan, you definitely want to pick up this book. I give Plum Lucky 3 Flaming Hearts.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Plum Lucky.