Kim (Wistfulskimmies Book Reviews)'s Reviews > The Dying of the Light: End

The Dying of the Light by Jason Kristopher

Oct 04, 11

Read from September 30 to October 04, 2011

This is the story of the ultimate zombie apocalypse. A man survives a zombie outbreak in his home town. The whole town is destroyed, including his fiancee and stepson. He is the only survivor. He is asked to join an Army Special Task Force assigned to seek out and destroy the zombie threat. The secrets he learns there are far more horrifying than the job he is charged with undertaking.

This is the authors first novel I believe and it is an absolute cracker. The characters were very vivid and their emotions came through exceptionally well. Especially the baddest of bad guys, I really loved him! The nice thing about this book was the story was more focused on the fight and the relationships (good and bad) between the characters and not so much on the zombie gore. The story flowed at a good pace and I was kept interested throughout the whole book.

This was an excellent first novel from the author and I understand a sequel is in the works as an excerpt was included at the end of the book. If it is as good as this one then I shall most certainly be reading it!

I received a complimentary copy of this book in order to review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Dying of the Light.