Joy's Reviews > Undercover

2711937
Aug 10, 11

bookshelves: erotic-fiction, ebooks, bdsm
Read from August 08 to 10, 2011

Lauren Dane is one of my favorite authors of erotica and this review is quite biased because of that. I debated whether to give this a 3 or 4 but I just went ahead and given the higher rating.

First up, I'm not exactly a fan of sci-fi and futuristic stories, I don't seek them out but I do appreciate the ones who're written very well. While I'm just an outsider looking in, I found this story just ok, nothing to be ecstatic about. I admit the sex was smoking hot in some parts, there's even a little M/M going on, but that's not my thing. Ms Dane also put a little kink and BDSM here, but it felt a little...raw. When it comes to that department, I've read better.

Now, on to the story...it had a lot of anguish, no matter how Sera tried to move on with her life for the past ten years, just one look from Ash and it all came rushing back. In this setting, Sera is an unranked woman and Ash is from a ranking Family (yes, spelled with a capital F), it's like a poor-to-middle class girl and rich boy love match, but due to an arranged marriage, he had to make her his mistress and marry out of duty to the Family, being the second son. It's a political marriage, and at the last minute, Sera backed out due to her pride.

I could understand where she's coming from and the author described Sera's emotions very well. She was miserable and found solace in the Federation's military corps until she rose from the ranks, she's also a competent soldier and has a lot of specialties. For a woman without rank, she has come very far from the girl Ash left. Now ten years later, she was pulled out of her team and assigned to work with Ash, and Brandt, an addition to the triad.

Things get interesting from there when they went undercover on a mission to seek the traitors.

There were a lot of discrimination and annoying characters here, and since it's Lauren Dane, it reminded me of her Chase Brothers series, only in a different setting. I know this review might not be helpful to others but to summarize it, if you're not into sci-fi, bdsm, kink, and m/m play, anal play, menage, then do not read this book.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Undercover.