Zuleeza's Reviews > Entwined

Entwined by Heather Dixon

Sep 19, 12

bookshelves: fairy-tales-retelling, high-fantasy
Read from September 07 to 20, 2012

This review is also available on my blog, Qwerty

Actual rating: 2.5 stars

Uh, this review will be awkward because I haven't write any reviews for three weeks now. Yup, that's how bad my reading life is like right now. Dush, assignments, dush!

Oh, pweh-ty cover, I had been fooled again! Where do I start, really. I thought Entwined will certainly be better than Princess of the Midnight Ball based on, ehem that spectacular cover and all the hype.

Eheh! Nope.

At least I was presented with a sweet love story in Princess of the Midnight Ball but in Entwined the love story is almost non-existent. But huzzah! Everyone got married in the end.

(Damn, wasn't that a spoiler? But, but, I'm to lazy to put a spoiler tag now.)

Okay, look, the prose is indeed beautiful and it'd be sexier if you read this book with British accent like Haleema has suggested. But other than that, this just didn't do it for me. I actually liked Keeper at the beginning, he reminded me a lot of Sebastian from ovaries-exploding anime/manga Kuroshitsuji.

Urm, yes he still makes me nose-bleed even after all this time

But towards the end, it's a shame to compare Sebastian with Keeper (view spoiler)

The twelve princesses are charming but I think that's the problem with Fantasy books, the writing is told in the way that is distant from the readers? At least, that's what I thought so far. I humbly admit that I haven't read enough Fantasy books. But yeah, I think my favourite character is that teeth sugar. Pfffff!

To sum it up, if you like to read about drama llama involving a royal family with some magical elements then probably this is for you. :)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Entwined.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sandra (new)

Sandra I understand that if we run like hell away from all the covers with a beautiful gown and mistery forests we might miss something really good, but I consider myself lucky because I like them as covers but they don't lure me as books. I'm not a hater of anything but for the girly dress descriptions.

Zuleeza Yup, covers matter a lot to me. Probably because I'm a photographer (albeit amateurish! Heee). I must learn to restrain myself whenever I see books with pretty cover next time! XD