Lindsey's Reviews > Pandemonium

Pandemonium by Lauren Oliver

F_50x66
Dec 13, 11

I fell in love with Delirium as hard as Lena fell for Alex, and when the ending hit, my heart tore into two directions. One, I wanted to jump inside the book and throw Alex over the fence; second, I practically cried and pushed Lena into the woods. It was tragic like Romeo and Juliet, and I can't wait for Pandemonium.

But watch this happen...

Lena is living on her own in the Wilds, having a good time and feeling free. And she meets some guy and he becomes her first real friend while she's there and he helps her learn the ropes (What ALEX would've done if he were there)and she'd start falling in love with him and getting over Alex, who she still cares about.
Meanwhile, without Lena or anyone knowing, Alex is being held in the Crypts or something. Waiting there...thinking of Lena everyday...praying she's alright...while she's off with someone else. And somehow Alex breaks free (Maybe -just maybe- Lena's mom comes back to save him. VERY FAR FETCHED POSSIBILITY HERE!!!) And him (and her mom?) make some huge grand entrance into the Wilds, to find Lena in a very...awkward position with the other guy. Alex is outraged and he storms off and Lena's shocked that he's alive and she is torn between the two guys and, ta da, the classical love triangle.

If that happens, I won't be surprised, but I personally love Alex, and if it were me, I wouldn't stop thinking about him at all. He sacrificed freedom for Lena (Possibly his life, depending on whether he's really dead or not)and I don't think I could ever forget him.

EDIT:

Plus...Did the new Lena get contacts?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Pandemonium.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Perla (new)

Perla if that happened, i don't think i'd continue reading the book...

Marisa Lets just hope ms. oliver is a good enough writer to not follow the stupid uniform way to write this book and she changes it because she knows its too obvious and has been done a million times. The only things i know for sure is i do not want another guy for Lena, i want Alex! And also if any character will be making a surprise appearance back from the dead it will be Lenas uncle. There was certainly some foreshadowing going on there!

Original Doll no worry, that didn't happen :))))

Kirsty I'd be really disappointed if Alex was out of the picture but I think Lauren is a smart writer so she'll do something to keep us on edge and not disappoint us.

Carla I'm kind of scared to read this book. Your review excited me. But at the same time this love triangle thing disappointed me. I didn't want this.

Original Doll I would say same thing before, but I've read the book and it is amazing!!!!!!! ;)

Jessica *spoiler alert!*

sadly to say...that pretty much sums up what happened. i just wrote an obnoxiously long review so im gonna stop here.

Julianne Haines OMG nooo i'll love Alex forever!! I almost cried when I got to the end of delirium!!

Chelzea the last line made me laugh, I don't know why. xD

Maggie Muehleman That is practically exactly what happens! I was so EXTREMELY disappointed!