Serena Yates's Reviews > Master Class

Master Class by Rachel Haimowitz

Oct 31, 11

bookshelves: m-m
Read in October, 2011 — I own a copy

Master Class delivers what it promises: a gritty tale about a man who wants to be dominated, and even he has no idea how much, or how deep this need really goes. The story focuses on the humiliation and pain he goes through, without, at first, giving any hint as to why he wants this. It made for somewhat disturbing reading, at least for me, but certainly held my attention.

Nicky turns out to be desperate for good reasons, although one could argue as to his methods. I certainly would! The way his character is shown, with that sort of a personality and history, his resulting reactions are plausible. Topping from the bottom is a mechanism that lets him feel in control, and has, so far, ruined his sexual/pseudo-submissive encounters for him. I must admit that I had trouble connecting to him – until the very end, when I got an explanation that enabled me to see the whole picture.

Devon is a Dom who seems cruel and rough, and looks and acts like just what Nicky wants. Luckily for both of them he is also able to look deeper, and he digs out what it is that drives Nicky. The way he handles the situation is, again, debatable, but since his end result (for now) is what Nicky needs, there is a certain amount of closure.

This is not a book for the ‘casual’ BDSM reader. If you are looking for something that is ‘light BDSM’, or touches on kink, this is not the book for you (as clearly stated in the publisher’s warnings). But, if you are looking for something a little grittier, a story that will keep you guessing and somewhat in suspense, and if you don’t mind a look at the darker side of submission, give this one a try.

NOTE: This book was provided by Riptide Publishing for the purpose of a review on Rainbow Book Reviews
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Master Class.