Wendy Kenney's Reviews > Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?

Does the Noise in My Head Bother You? by Steven Tyler

Aug 07, 11

Read in July, 2011

If you're looking for an education in sex, drugs, and rock'n roll, then this book will not disappoint. Steven (please don't call him Steve) goes into all aspects of his over 40 years of "living the dream" and some of his recounts are very graphic.

This book isn't as much an autobiography as it is a response to all of the people who have written or shared info about him in the past. It's more of a "well yeah, but you were doing drugs too," kind of thing.

This book reads like a school boy's recount of the "good old days." The years of drug addiction, sex addiction and codependency (he says he's been treated for all of those) are recalled almost with a romantic fondness. And, unless I missed it, nowhere in the book is there a an expression of remorse over the lives that were affected or promises that were broken.

I do give Steven kudos for telling his side of the story. You get the sense of who this man is and this is what I see; enigmatic, funny, rebellious, egocentric, family-loving, contradicting, brilliant and more. I wish him all the best.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Does the Noise in My Head Bother You?.