Christine Snyder's Reviews > The Book of Fate

The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer

Aug 07, 11

Read in January, 2010

An overall very mediocre novel.  One, the book mentions the Masons twice.  Two, every move the characters make is predictable by a three year old.  Third, the characters themselves have no dynamic.  They are all exactly as you would expect them to be.  It's not suspenseful at all.  I was also quite drawn away by the fact that each chapter was two pages long.  It diced the plot line into very, very small chunks and didn't add to the suspense at all, as I assume was the wanted effect.  When I picked up this novel at the book store, from the synopsis, I thought I would be getting a book about ancient mysteries of the Masons and full of twists and turns.  I was sadly deceived.   The book had nothing to do with the Masons, and instead had one tiny little puzzle that was easier than a sudoku puzzle to figure out.  It was alright, and I only thought "why am I reading this" once, but it didn't keep me interested and was very disappointing.  I was expecting something that would be action packed and interesting, and didn't get it.  I won't be reading it again, and I probably will not be reading anything more by this author.  Both because of his book, and because of the way his website is set up (it makes him seem like a very self-centered person and from this novel, he has no right to be).

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Book of Fate.