Lauraadriana's Reviews > Breaking Cover

Breaking Cover by Kaje Harper

Oh man can I add a start to this? Five seem to little!!!

I can't even begin to say just how much I loved this book, this couple, this family! I finished reading it, and I had a smile on my face and thought...This is as it should be...Every person has a right to a home full of love with children who know that there will ALWAYS be someone to come home to, and to keep them safe, and love them NO MATTER WHAT.

We meet up with Mac and Tony a year after they've started their relationship, it is still a secret, because Mac cannot face the consequences of outing himself at work, and what that will mean to his situation with Anna his little daughter.

A tragic crime results in Tony having to step up as a father to his Godson Ben. Things begin to escalate and for Tony it is no longer viable to remain with Mac in the closet...so he has to make hard choices.

The love these two men have for each other is raw and PRESENT in every single moment in this book, that I was consumed by their story. I wanted them together, happy, in love, in a family, out, proud of who they were as men, lovers, parents...I wanted them to have it ALL.

I loved loved loved this book. One of the best love stories I've read in this genre. And the writer backs all that up with a seriously good mystery/thriller.

I SOOOOOO Recommend this book!

Sighs...Is there a third one coming? Please?!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Breaking Cover.

08/15/2011
11.0% "Ohhh I love these guys!!!"
08/15/2011
15.0% "WOW...This book should come with a disclaimer, a warning, a fire extinguisher...SOMETHING!!"
55.0% 2 comments
08/16/2011
63.0% ""I'm not a stranger," he growled, moving his mouth lower. "I'm your man and don't you forget it."...I actually SWOONED after that one...GOOD GOD!! These men are crazy hot!" 4 comments

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Just finished this one today. Really liked it!

Lauraadriana Sue wrote: "Just finished this one today. Really liked it!"

Loved it Sue! Oh they killed me...so damn good.

message 3: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue There is a third one coming. I read it on kaje's blog/web site. :)

Lauraadriana Oh no Edina! I'm on my phone and accidentally deleted your comment!! Gah! But yes this book was so very good. And the whole time I could not stop thinking of a certain other gorgeous fierce cop and his dark haired, blue eyed bookstore owner :0)

Edina Rose Oh yes!

Lauraadriana Edina wrote: "Oh yes!"

I wonder is there is a wedding in #3?!! Oh how cute would Anna and Ben be as flower girl and ring bearer? :O)

Edina Rose OMG, You are killing me!

message 8: by Lauraadriana (last edited Aug 17, 2011 07:52AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauraadriana Edina wrote: "OMG, You are killing me!"

LOL...The cuteness would be too much and that wedding night...*whimpers*

Enjoy Dance with me! It's GORGEOUS!!! And those two are pretty hot stuff too!

message 9: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Lauraadriana wrote: And the whole time I could not stop thinking of a certain other gorgeous fierce cop and and his dark haired, blue eyed bookstore owner :0) ..."

What book is this from, please! Love cops :D

Lauraadriana Sue wrote: "Lauraadriana wrote: And the whole time I could not stop thinking of a certain other gorgeous fierce cop and and his dark haired, blue eyed bookstore owner :0) ..."

What book is this from, pleas..."

Sue!!! Adrien English Series by Josh Lanyon...I have no objectivity because Josh is my absolute favorie author in this genre, and oh man can he write a shit hot cop! The AE series is five books...Fantastic! Cannot recommend enough. Oh Jake and Adrien I know they're not real people, but ohhh yeah good books!

message 11: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue Ah, this is in my TBR list! Thank you...sounds good.

message 12: by Lauraadriana (last edited Aug 17, 2011 10:23AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Lauraadriana Sue wrote: "Ah, this is in my TBR list! Thank you...sounds good."

This series is a great start to Josh, but his latest novel...Come Unto These Yellow Sands, is superb, you can check out my review if you're curious :O) The cop in that one is also oh so delicious :O) I'd read that one first. It may be close to being his best. But Josh keeps outdoing himself. He is a gifted writer.

message 13: by Neet (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neet I have less then 100 pages to go and hate to see it end!

Lauraadriana Neet wrote: "I have less then 100 pages to go and hate to see it end!"

I know the feeling :0) Thanfuklly #3 is in the works!

message 15: by Sue (new) - rated it 4 stars

Sue @ LA - looking over these posts, I see what an innocence babe in the woods I was - not knowing who Jake and Adrian were. lol

message 16: by Neet (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neet Really...woohoo! Do you know when it'll be out?

Edina Rose Lauraadriana wrote: "Neet wrote: "I have less then 100 pages to go and hate to see it end!"

I know the feeling :0) Thanfuklly #3 is in the works!"

Do we have an approximative release date for book 3?

message 18: by Neet (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neet Doesn't look like there is a date, on Kaje's blog I think she said she wasn't happy with the way the mystery was going, so I think she was going to do a rewrite...guess will have to wait patiently for news on book 3.

Edina Rose Neet wrote: "Doesn't look like there is a date, on Kaje's blog I think she said she wasn't happy with the way the mystery was going, so I think she was going to do a rewrite...guess will have to wait patiently ..."
Patiently? Awwww

message 20: by Neet (new) - rated it 5 stars

Neet I know...patience isn't one of my virtues but I'll try...