Felicia's Reviews > Don't Look Down

Don't Look Down by Suzanne Enoch

Aug 08, 11

bookshelves: romance, vaginal-mystery
Read in August, 2011

I can't deny staying up SUPER late reading this and the previous book, it was really addictively page-turning brain candy, although I'm a bit mad at myself for it, haha. I got a bit annoyed that WAY too many times the main character was enjoying riding around in a Bentley, because I get annoyed at glamorizing rich people and their stuff. I did thing the emotional depth was way better in this installment from the first, and I liked where the relationship was going (but can we drop the whole romance trope of an unearthly amazing guy basically dropping everything in his life INCLUDING HIS BILLIONAIRE BUSINESS to chase after a lady? Oh, and then she wants her "freedom" and he struggles with it but ends up giving her everything she wants and then some, including amazing sex all the time and sinewy muscles. Oh and Bentleys. UGH.) I will pick up the next one prolly down the line, because the chemistry between the characters is really good.

The mystery was well put together, and I liked the bitchy rich wife, and I'm definitely thinking people might really like these books if you like the lighter chick-lit-y mystery/urban fantasy-type stuff. It's just not normally my thing. In fact, I'm going to read a hard Sci-Fi book where people get blown up and don't drive Bentleys.
7 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Don't Look Down.

Carolyn Crane Ha! I'm such a sucker for this series on a chicken soup level I gave it 5 stars. But like you, I did like the cat burgler bits the most. I love the whole ex-gunslinger-itching-to-pick-up-a-gun-again trope applied to a woman. That is sort of funny that the Bentleys bugged you so much! Actually, the third (Twice the temptation) is half historical and half Jellicoe.

Maybe somebody will blow up a Bentley in a UF soon.

Felicia Carolyn wrote: "Ha! I'm such a sucker for this series on a chicken soup level I gave it 5 stars. But like you, I did like the cat burgler bits the most. I love the whole ex-gunslinger-itching-to-pick-up-a-gun-aga..."
Yeah, I really enjoyed it in a funny way, but then hated the whole indulgence in rich-dome thing.
The third one has flashback stuff?! OK MAYBE I"LL READ IT NOW> YES I WILL! :D

Carolyn Crane Twice the Temptation won't blow you away if the first two didn't, but it a) is a fun, inventive structure for a book and b) gives you a taste of her historical work, which you had wondered about (I actually like the Jellicoe series more than her historicals - but I go for the angsty historicals - Duran, Bourne. Or our beloved Raybourn! Brisbaaaaaane!)

Rich-dome LOL. Well, it's British rich-dome in TTT.

[Name Redacted] Wow, you upgraded the rating to four stars!

message 5: by terrastrana (new)

terrastrana I feel ya on the Bentley irritation.