Bill's Reviews > The Man in the High Castle

The Man in the High Castle by Philip K. Dick

Feb 08, 13

bookshelves: alternate-history, bill-s-favourites, sci-fi
Recommended to Bill by: nobody
Recommended for: anyone who enjoys alternate history
Read from January 01, 1975 to February 07, 2013 — I own a copy, read count: 4

One of my all-time favourite SciFi stories. I've read many times; the first time while at university back 74ish. Great concept, got me interested in the I Ching. So much to it.

Update 08 Feb 2013

Read this for the third or fourth time this past week. As good as ever. It's a story that passes the test of time. Such an interesting concept. It's the first alternate history type story that I ever read. It's an alternate history within an alternate history. The basic premise is that Japan and Germany win WWII and have split up the USA and the rest of the world. However throughout the story is another book within this book which tells the story as if the US and Britain had won the war and the issues this causes. There is so much more to this story; culture, religion, art, love. Highly recommended.
2 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Man in the High Castle.

01/31/2013 page 20
02/01/2013 page 40
16.06% "Bringing back memories of how much I enjoyed this book previously. So interesting."
02/06/2013 page 142
57.03% "I'm enjoying refreshing my memories about this story. Excellent, well-written, interesting."
show 6 hidden updates…