Shad's Reviews > Precious and Fragile Things

F 50x66
Aug 07, 11

it was ok
Read in April, 2011

** spoiler alert ** First off, I found this book in the romance section at Barnes and Noble; talk about being misleading. I read the book waiting for Gilly and Todd to have sex only to be seriously disappointed when they didn't. I got the sense that Hart wanted to take the novel in a sexual direction, but was afraid to maybe due the premise of the novel, I find this a bit odd because Hart has no problem pushing the boundaries in her other novels. Which is why I believe that Gilly became pregnant half way through the book, because the way how this story was going, there was just no way these two people weren't going sleep together. The story was just too ripe with sexual tension for it not to happen. Now maybe I was looking at it from that perspective because I was under the impression this was a romance novel but either way the characters were wishy washy and it was difficult to connect with either of them. Hart clearly didn't know what to do with these two.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Precious and Fragile Things.