Kristal Cooper's Reviews > PostSecret: Extraordinary Confessions from Ordinary Lives

PostSecret by Frank Warren

Aug 07, 11

Read in August, 2011

I read this while working at an outdoors booth in the Mt. Rushmore National Memorial on the first day of the Sturgis Motorcycle Rally. This added a little something for me, as I could look up from the book and ponder how many different kinds of people there are in the world and how much our lives are the same AND dis-similar.

The situation also gave me time to ponder what secret I could contribute and I haven't come up with one yet. I don't think I keep secrets, especially from my husband because he's even more twisted than I am. I would have to really dig deep to find a secret that I've never told anyone, since it seems to be hidden even from myself.

As for the premise of the book and its content: Awesome! I think it's great that so many people were offered this opportunity and I hope they enjoyed the catharsis. I was also fascinated by the postcards themselves (easy to do, since I don't have a creative bone in my body.) There were several pieces of art that made me say "wow!" and even more that made me go "hmmm?"

I'm passing this book to a friend who's a high school English teacher. I think this would be a great project for her Creative Writing class. I'd also like to challenge anyone who journals here in the future to share which PostSecrets hit home with them. For me, it was page 213 that made me step back and think about the person who wrote it. The bottom of page 234 is the one I most identify with. I did that one regularly about ten years ago.
Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read PostSecret.