Reading Vacation's Reviews > Shelby and Shauna Kitt and the Dimensional Holes

Shelby and Shauna Kitt and the Dimensional Holes by P.H.C. Marchesi

Sep 03, 2011

Read from August 29 to September 03, 2011

Sure this book had engaging characters and an action packed plot, but most of all it had the setting of Miriax! Miriax was the perfect combo of nature and sci-fi technology. Can you believe the entire capital is built into a tree? How about that? The eathrlings trying to adjust to this new way of life were hilarious.

Shelby and Shauna Kitt are thirteen-year-old twins with amazing powers. Shelby has enhanced reflexes and can pilot anything. Shauna has glowing hands and is an awesome healer. Other than the superpower thing, they were portrayed as normal kids who still experienced the ups and downs of everyday life. It made them much more relatable and easy to picture. Shauna was my favorite character because of her positive energy.

The plot was a complicated web that spanned across several dimensions and had me flipping pages until the end. With wacky characters being introduced along the way, Shelby and Shauna Kitt went on an adventure to save Earth. Answers to the mysteries surrounding both the characters and the many dimensions are slowly revealed. I really enjoyed the white-knuckle part of their adventure. My younger brother is reading this soon and I have a feeling he is going to love it.

RATING

4 Liked

COVER COMMENTS

I’m CoNfUsEd! I know what some of these colored planets represent, but I’m not entirely sure of all of them. I should have paid better attention. Anyhow, I like the cartoon characters, but I don’t care for the title font being all messy looking.
2 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Shelby and Shauna Kitt and the Dimensional Holes.

message 1: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen RE: The Planets

I want to say that the cover shows Klodius or whatever planet the bad guys come from is called on the left, Miriax on the right, and (view spoiler) which is probably that wee one glowing an ominous green. =D

I guess the one on the right could be Earth, but it doesn't quite look like how an Earth ought to since there's so many references for it out there.