Claudia's Reviews > The Boy, The Bear, The Baron, The Bard

The Boy, The Bear, The Baron, The Bard by Gregory Rogers

Apr 05, 2008

bookshelves: pic-bk-wordless
Read in April, 2008

(SPL) A boy playing among the warehouses of London kicks a soccer ball into an abandoned theater. There he finds an enchanted cape that transports him back in time right onto the stage of one of William Shakespeare's plays!

(Claudia) Colorful cartoon-style story panels follow a self-confident little white boy and his anthropomorphic bear buddy through a fast-paced series of escapades in a historically accurate Elizabethan “theatre district” replete with colorfully-costumed nobles, tooth-challenged commoners, and numerous period details. Gr. 3-6.

(SLJ) This sophisticated romp will attract the eyes of intermediate audiences, and could serve as a good prelude to the study of Shakespeare and his times.

(Hornbook) The well-paced events are entertaining, the setting is atmospheric, and the characters are drawn with humor, affection, and style.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Boy, The Bear, The Baron, The Bard.

message 1: by Linda (new)

Linda This was a book I was already interested in reading and now I'm going to put it at the top of my list. Thanks!