Arec's Reviews > Corralled

Corralled by Lorelei James

3205188
Sep 23, 11

bookshelves: erotica, cowboy, series, own
Read from August 07 to September 21, 2011

Cowboy rodeo erotica? You have my interest. From the moment I saw this book on goodreads bookswap, I could not wait to read it. I love me some erotica. Add some cowboys in the mix and I am happy as a clam. Until I read it.

Because I don’t really have much to say about this book, here goes.

The good: the erotic scenes, the character development, the dialogue,
the writing

The bad: the plot (which bored me senseless), the favoritism

The ugly: the situation

While there is nothing actually wrong with the novel, I just could not get into it. James has a great easy style to read. The erotic scenes were great, some of the best I have read, especially when dealing with such an awkward situation. And oh was it awkward. The dialogue was realistic and had me not only laughing, but cringing as well. The characters and the emotions were also very believable. I found myself becoming attached to them

The plot seemed a little lackluster, however. I will gave James points for having one of the few erotic novels with a well developed plot in the first place. As I said before, however, it was just not a story I was interested in. It was clear from the beginning who the lead female was going to end up with. I don’t think James did it on purpose, but her clear favoritism for one man over the other was apparent from the beginning.

This was not an easy book to read in the first place due to the circumstances of the love triangle. All of the ménage a trios novels I have read before, the couples were into it as a threesome. In this novel, two men are vying the attention and love of one woman. It was…awkward at best, especially since the men were childhood friends.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Corralled.