Jamie's Reviews > Verita

Verita by Tracy Rozzlynn

May 14, 14

bookshelves: books-i-own, e-books, kindle, ya, won, paranormal-romance, fantasy
Read from April 29 to May 13, 2014

Verita is a mix of sci-fi and fantasy. I don't read much sci-fi but this one was interesting and I enjoyed reading it. It drew my in from the beginning and I was surprised when it ended.

Brett is a normal teenage girl until one night when her parents are killed in a plane crash. Everything in her life is turned upside down. She is put into foster care. It's not long though before a group/organization asks her to be part of a newly discovered planet Verita. Brett agrees and wakes up years later after being frozen only to discover that she is the same age but has acquired new knowledge. She quickly realizes that everyone else is young like her and everyone has some sort of new knowledge too. It's not long before she makes friends and meets two guys that she is torn between. While working out in the field as part of her job she discovers that everything is not what it seems. There is so much to learn about and to discover. At the same time there are things beyond the fence that is far more dangerous that she first thought.

The author provided a good description of the planet and what it would be like to be there. I liked the characters and the plot. I did think some things were a little drawn out. We don't learn much about the characters and we are left with a lot of unanswered questions. I was not ready for it to end when it did. There is friendship, romance, suspense and adventure all rolled into a good first book. I'm looking forward to see what is next for Brett and her friends.

This e-book was provided to me by the author for review. This did not affect my review in any way.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Verita.

04/29 marked as: currently-reading