Kasey's Reviews > Harbor Lights

Harbor Lights by Sherryl Woods

Sep 05, 11

bookshelves: audiobook, contemporary-romance, men-in-uniform, library
Read from September 04 to 05, 2011

Another good story from the O'Brien family. We met Kevin in the last book when he came home from his deployment to have a hasty marriage to a woman also serving her deployment with him. Fast forward a couple of years and we find Kevin alone with a son after losing his wife. This is where this story begins. Kevin and Shanna both had baggage that left them not ready to jump into a relationship and reluctant to talk about their pasts. Adding to that children who are mutually coping with loss and their is even more complications for this developing romance. It was a very good story and I enjoyed seeing more of the other O'Brien's including that even though some of Kevin's siblings have had their HEA already they still have normal relationships with bumps along the way.

While I thought this was a good story I think there were parts that were great and parts I would have enjoyed more if I hadn't already read two other books in this series. While the major situation of each relationship seems to vary there seem to be very similar areas to each of these books also. Along with sentences that sometimes give you a deja vu moment since I'm almost certain the exact same or close enough has been used in one or both of the previous books. One of the things I appreciated when starting this series was the dynamic and complicated O'Brien family. The way they all have dealt with the complicated situations, loss, and betrayals from the past. While I still enjoy that part it leads me to have higher expectations of the characters to remain individuals and they are starting to all merge together in to much similarity for me.

I will be reading the future books and while I did have some complaints I'm still enjoying the series. I jut think I may take a longer break in between the books so that I can appreciate them more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harbor Lights.