Marsha's Reviews > A Fistful of Charms

A Fistful of Charms by Kim Harrison

1985662
Aug 20, 11

Read from August 07 to 20, 2011

Rachel has found her way into more trouble - okay, trouble found her this time. Rachel returns to defend herself and her decision to help a Were friend after joining his 'pack.' She quickly learned that no good deed goes unpunished (even if it was for selfish purposes too - he,he). Her relationship with Kistin continues and seems to find a tentative calm - for the time being. Though, I missed Kistin for much of this book. Rachel also finds herself discovering that the black and white of using demon magic isn't always to perfect and that there are definitely shades of gray that she has found herself slipping into. She also discovers an ugly truth about Nick - one that cuts her to the quick. Even though he has done some bad things - I still felt bad for him.

One character that I missed dearly was Trent. That was probably why I have this book only 4 stars rather than 5. I enjoyed the tension between those two even though I'm enjoying the Rachel and Kistin's relationship and all the tension that goes along with it.

The other thing that bothered me about this book was the constant harping that Jenk's would soon die. It is a sad thought, but it seems like the author is trying to prep us for the inevitable a little too much. I have a sad feeling that it will take a little away from the event whenever it does happen.

Over all, I enjoyed this book - so much going on, but not so much that it seemed to desensitize me like the last book seemed to do. What's the deal with the constant need for coffee?

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Fistful of Charms.

dateDown_arrow    newest »

message 1: by L-D (new) - rated it 4 stars

L-D I loved this series. I like to read your synopsis because I read it earlier in the year and it makes me go - oh, yeah! I remember that! I love Kistin and I love Trent. I like the way Kim Harrison doesn't build love triangles into her books. There's tension, but she never makes it too obvious - like Rachel has to choose. Can't wait until you read more so I can get your take on the rest of the books!