Anzu The Great Destroyer's Reviews > Blood Bound

Blood Bound by Rachel Vincent

YES!!! I’m done!!!!

I can’t believe how difficult it was for me to finish this!

Looking at all the good reviews this book has made me wonder why on earth I didn’t like it. Since I don’t want to be unfair or moody (or God knows what’s wrong with me these days) I said I’ll take a piece of paper and a pen, draw two columns, one with the things I liked and one with the things I didn’t like. So I did just that and placed my likes and dislikes there, drew the final line and compared results. Since I’m a nice girl I will share those results with you.

Things I didn’t like:
- Liv is annoying.
- Cam’s POV ruins the "guess the dude’s feelings for the chick" game.
- The book tends to go towards marriage counseling and not action packed adventure.
- The desperate look Cam has each time he lays eyes on Liv.
- For an unknown reason it got me sleepy each time I was trying to read it. My total fell-asleep-while-reading-this number ended up being four. Seriously is this normal??? Do you remember Tom (Tom & Jerry) not wanting to fall asleep and using matches to keep his eyelids up? I’m going to try to fetch and image if I can find one.

(lucky me, I did!)

That’s exactly what I’m doing right now. My eyes are betraying me!

- I’m not a fan of the story. I didn’t like it.
- Switching between the characters’ POV got confusing at times.
- Too predictable.

Things I liked:
- Cam was a nice hero. Not the best but ok.
- Interesting concept. Who needs chips when you can rack a person by blood.

Omg, right? Those are the things I liked… Not cool.

Close to the end I was stuck between giving it one star or two stars. So I said if I solve the "who’s the father" puzzle I’ll give it one star. If I don’t I’ll give it two stars.

Check the rating.

I’m that good.
15 likes · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Bound.

09/11/2011
16.0% "Interesting. Like some things, don't like others."
09/12/2011
32.0% "Sloooooow... Painfully slow..." 7 comments
09/13/2011
100.0% "RCS" 29 comments

Comments (showing 1-18)

dateUp arrow    newest »

Aly is so frigging bored better read our group read :D

message 17: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer It's my next stop :D

message 16: by Madu (new)

Madu =))))
I do remember Tom with its matches =)))

message 15: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Oh how I miss good old Tom & Jerry :))

Aly is so frigging bored =)) wow hon! I didn't think it was THAT good :D

And the pictures in this review rock :D

message 13: by Dija (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dija So this is the part where I stop recommending books to you, 'cause I feel guilty for wasting your time. :(

Aly is so frigging bored Why stop? :D I always nag her to read books I've loved :))

message 11: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer I loved the one with House :)) found it by mistake =)))

Come ooon Dee listen to Aly and recommend stuff :D It wasn't a waste of time, it was entertaining. Even Aly enjoyed her time even though she didn't read the book :p

Aly is so frigging bored So true :)) Aly LOVED it :D, I think more then Anzu though :D

message 9: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Surely especially since you weren't the one trying so hard not to fall asleep :))

Aly is so frigging bored Well, that would be one of the reasons :)) And another one is: I didn't have to ACTUALLY read it :))

message 7: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Maybe you would have liked it :D

Aly is so frigging bored Not into PNR that it's not pnr-ish :D :D :D and with that I mean no immortals and no very cool/crazy powers :D

message 5: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Yeah ... boring stuff... :))

Aly is so frigging bored Whatever makes you happy :D

message 3: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer Well a cool book does make me happy :D

Aly is so frigging bored :)) for me chocolate does it :D or a good cocktail :D

message 1: by Anzu (new) - rated it 1 star

Anzu The Great Destroyer And great fooood, and a nice song, a good movie, a massage, ice cream and more foood because I'm hungry right now :)))