Arafel's Reviews > Naruto, Vol. 01: The Tests of the Ninja

Naruto, Vol. 01 by Masashi Kishimoto

Apr 05, 08

Recommended to Arafel by: sigh, my 12-year-old daughter
Recommended for: people who like ninjas, manga
Read in August, 2007

I resisted reading this for a long time because I was determined not to succumb to another one of my daughter's crazes (Pokemon -yes, I'm a 40 year old Pokemon Master, and Fruits Basket -wasn't as crazy about that one. A little too emo for my taste.)
But this Naruto is well worth a read. I quickly grew to care for spunky, spazzy, orphaned Naruto and his shinobi-in-training classmates. They are oddly focused for 12-year-olds though, and the trials they face are arduous and their implications philosophical. Maybe this goes over the heads of junkfood-eating, short attention span American kids and they just like the action and the cool drawings. Between the great art and surprisingly complex story line, there's a reason this is the best-selling Manga in Japan!
16 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Naruto, Vol. 01.

message 1: by Tae (new)

Tae Elizabeth Arrrggggg! I wished my mom shared the love I have for this series!!!

Arafel The kid is now 17 and has no more interest in them,, and I'm still reading them. Funny how things work out.

Junnun Naruto has been one of my favorite series of all time and although i started out watching the anime i eventually ended up reading from the daily manga. I have been reading off the daily only recently so i decided to start from the bottom. The Naruto series has taught me many life worthy note, one of which he says "Believe it!" which sent me a message that told me if i want to achieve something i have to believe in myself.

Arafel a good message

message 5: by Kurt Simpson (new)

Kurt Simpson this has been one of the best anime series ive ever read right after bleach right after soul eater right after attack on titan right after blue exorsist right after fullmetalalchemist.