Joyzi's Reviews > Insurgent

Insurgent by Veronica Roth

May 18, 12

bookshelves: ya-books, sci-fi, book-series, dystopia, 5-stars-or-more, author-american, e-book, fiction, nook, political-intrigue, reviewed
Recommended to Joyzi by: Kwesi 章英狮
Recommended for: Teens
Read from May 06 to 19, 2012, read count: 1

Non-spoiler review

This is a pretty good sequel to the first book Divergent. The plot is action-packed, there are lots of running, shooting, and fighting. These days I've been addicted in watching Nikita an American T.V. Show about a group of assassins. While watching the show I missed reading Divergent because it made me remember the initiation of Tris in the dauntless faction when Alex, a character from Nikita is undergoing her training to become an assassin. That's why I'm really excited in reading the sequel and to go back to Tris' world. I think that's the good thing that I liked from this series because it's full of action. Although, in this sequel Tris is traumatized and she is having problems holding a gun, which is acceptable because of what happened at the end of Divergent. So, it became more complicated because Tris can only use knife or any other weapons except gun.

This book is also more suspenseful and the horror is more psychological. A lot of the characters here have been controlled because of the serum and simulation. It also became hard to know who are the allies and who are the enemies. It has a lot of intrigue and in the end it seems like the enemy is not the enemy and the friend is not the friend. I find myself confused and I like it because there are a lot of surprises, twists that I didn't see coming and great reveals. The ending is amazing and mind-blowing. I feel like I really wanted to tell someone about it because it's really shocking and I just need someone to talk to. It's crazy, the ending is just 'oh my God I want to know what happens next'!

There are talks about which one was better this series of The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins. And let me tell you this, Mockingjay for me was a little bit disappointing and if the ending of this series will surpassed THG...I might prefer this series over THG. :)

_______

Thank goodness I have money and thus I can buy a copy of Insurgent. This series is too good to not buy the books. Will probably go to the bookstore tomorrow. :)
________________________________________________________________
OH EM GEE The cover is out and its gorgeous ^_____^ me likes it.

___________

Oh my gosh! I never really expected it but here I am hooked with another series. It's like a really long time since I'm excited for the next book. The waiting, the agony but there's also excitement.

Of course Harry Potter, Twilight, Vampire Academy, Percy Jackson, The Mortal Instruments and my most loved of all The Hunger Games has long ended.

But with every good series and trilogies that end I'm happy that there are new series and trilogies that emerge.

Can't freaking wait!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Insurgent.

05/06/2012 page 1
0.0% "Yay!"
05/10/2012 page 100
19.0% "Full of surprises :)"

dateDown_arrow    newest »

Megan I dont no about some of the others but there are to more mortal instruments books to read

Joyzi Yeah there's a spin-off series. I recently read City of Fallen Angels.

Rose I sooo excited

Joyzi me too

Mike Cowin Re: Percy Jackson i cant wait for Mark of Athena too!

message 6: by Maura (new)

Maura the mortal instruments isn't over yet!

Sharon the house of night books are also really good there are 9 currently out. it might keep ur mind busy till the next divergent book comes out. lol

Kwesi 章英狮 I'm glad you like the book so much that you gave it five stars but Maria find this one disappointing. I better read Insurgent na! Haha.

Mïmïé I agree with everything.

Joyzi @Kwesi. It was good they get to go to Amity, Candor then Erudite, allied with the factionless. Lot of things have happened. The ending was really something too. I never expected it to end that way. Just read it.

@mimie thanks :)

Kwesi 章英狮 Haha. I might and I think I knew the ending. Well, I asked Maria about the book yesterday and I also asked her to spill some spoilers. Wala lang.

Jennifer Lane Great review! Nikita is a very intense series. I agree with you about feeling disappointed by Mockingjay and I hope this series will not have a similar letdown. Will there be three books in this series?

Joyzi @jennifer, yeah this will also be a trilogy. I think the book trilogy will also be a movie. That would be great a lot of YA books are now becoming movies.

Jennifer Lane Hooray! Should be some great movies.

Rollie The Ending has blown me out, too. :)

Rollie The Ending has blown me out, too. :)

message 17: by Vikash (new) - added it

Vikash Percy Jackson hasn't finished. Heroes of Olympus is still going on..