Christy's Reviews > A Confident Heart: How to Stop Doubting Yourself & Live in the Security of God's Promises

A Confident Heart by Renee Swope

2055564
Sep 03, 11

bookshelves: 2011
Read in September, 2011

I first heard about Ms Swope's book when a friend sent me a link for her email series called the doubt diet. My curiosity was peeked and I did a little research. The next day an email appeared in my inbox offering the chance to review the book. I knew then God definitely wanted me to read it.

Doubt is a constant in my life and I knew what Ms Swope would have to say would pierce my heart. Fear is definitely how I have lived my life. Mrs Swope explores many of the areas where fear is prevalent for women. Her approach is one of friendship in many ways. While reading the book it was as if I had told her how I felt and she offered her words as a friend would. It is not an easy book to read if you struggle with doubt and fear because the lies you have believed for so long seem to scream at you as you read. The authors reminders of how much God loves you and the life you can have are full of hope and promise.

If you struggle with doubt and fear A Confident Heart is a great book that will encourage your heart. Mrs Swope openly shares her own personal experiences and you will feel a kindredness with her. Her writing is gentle and loving. You see not only her experiences and triumphs on the pages...you see your own too. The questions really help you explore things further in your heart and the chart of promises is a great reminder. I will be recommending this book to friends!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Confident Heart.