Tiffany Day's Reviews > What Would Susie Say?: Bullsh*t Wisdom About Love, Life and Comedy

What Would Susie Say? by Susie Essman

Aug 06, 2011

Read in November, 2009

I listened to the audio book (as I usually always try to do when comedians write books - it's always so great to hear the words in their own voice). I really enjoyed it. Susie's funny, clever, and her "takes" on love, life, and performing are actually dead on.

I'd have given this 5 stars, but I knocked half off only because it was a little repetitive and at times the audio was a bit too "read-y," which was a little disappointing. 4 1/2 stars

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Would Susie Say?.

Tiffany Day I have to admit, I will forever have a soft spot in my heart for Susie Essman and this book because her bit early on about germs and hand sanitizer inspired me. I hit a wall in grad school and was completely dead eyed and angst-ridden trying to come up with inspiration for my research design, a huge huge project near the end of time and, obviously, required for my degree. Sitting in a tub listening to this was the perfect inspirational storm. I did my project on testing the efficacy of antibacterial products (word of note to Ms. Essman - soap and water are more effective ;) ).