Matthew's Reviews > What Would Google Do? CD

What Would Google Do? CD by Jeff Jarvis

Aug 15, 11

bookshelves: non-fiction, business, media, audiobooks
Read from August 07 to 15, 2011, read count: 1

It's a worthwhile read (or listen, in my case) but it does get repetitive toward the end. Yes, Jeff, we get it. Businesses should open themselves up so the consumers have more control. It's a grand idea and it could work. Time will tell.

The best thing about this book is that, for all the repetition of idea, Jarvis does tailor things to each business. The core concepts are the same but each type of business has challenges the others don't. Medicine in particular is a touchy subject but Jarvis makes the point that he's not advocating a repeal of doctor/patient confidentiality but more that he feels patients as a group can supplement the knowledge of doctors and support each other.

Javis' reading style is lively and entertaining which makes the information more accessible, I think. I've listened to a few other non-fiction audiobooks in the past and they all suffered from dry, staid readers who didn't really feel the information the way Jarvis does. I'm not advocating every book author read his or her own stuff. Not every author is a professional speaker as Jarvis is, so they won't have the practice he's had.

If you own or run a business and want to find ideas to help it succeed in the Internet Age, What Would Google Do? is a good place to start.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read What Would Google Do? CD.