Erika's Reviews > My Pictures, My Words

My Pictures, My Words by Mac Kenney

Aug 06, 11

bookshelves: 2011, poetry-plays-etc, review-books-suddenly
Read in August, 2011

I pretty much adore this book to pieces. I keep coming back to it and reading it over and over. I finally decided it might be a good idea to share my opinion because if I was to wait for me to be “done” with it, that would just happen. Even my two year old daughter is enthralled by it. She keeps stealing it away from me to look through the photos.

So why do I love this book so much? Well, the photos are just so awe-inspiring. Every photo is a scene of nature. Something to really appreciate. The photography is spectacular. If only I could possess a little bit of Mac Kenney’s talent, I would be so happy. However, each photo also contains a poem. The poetry is very spiritual and uplifting. It deals with things all of us can relate to in life like romantic love, parents, problems, faith, etc. I just think…this book is something special. It makes me feel special just by reading it. At the same time the poetry compliments the photos and everything comes together so nicely.

For me, it’s perfect!

Please go and read this book if you have a chance.

** As reviewed on Suddenly Books.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read My Pictures, My Words.