Karis (YA Litwit) Jacobstein's Reviews > Dear Bully: Seventy Authors Tell Their Stories

Dear Bully by Megan Kelley Hall

Nov 27, 11

bookshelves: 2011-oct-dec-challenge, must-read-for-everyone
Recommended for: Everyone! Especially teachers, parents, school administrators, coaches, and counselors.
Read from October 27 to 31, 2011

Everyone who has anything to do with kids and teens should read this- parents, teachers, coaches, school administrators, counselors, etc... All kids should read this. I'm a realist and I know bullying will always exist, but it's time for people to start taking it seriously. I bet if you asked most of the authors that shared their stories for this book, they would gladly have had sticks and stones break their bones a few times, than to go through the verbal abuse that they endured (that adults told them couldn't hurt them or to advised them to ignore). Kudos to these 70 authors for sharing their heartbreaking stories, that I'm sure were painful to revisit. I have no doubt that a tremendous amount of good will come out of this book. Read my full review HERE.
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dear Bully.

10/28/2011 page 28
10/30/2011 page 196
56.0% "This book should be read by all kids and any adults who are around kids (parents, teachers, coaches, administrators). Compelling!"