Heather's Reviews > Nineteen Minutes

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Sep 04, 11

Read from August 05 to 13, 2011

I probably would have enjoyed this more were I not in the middle of my "Picoult experience" - I really enjoyed the first book I read by her and have heard nonstop for years how wonderful she is, so I've been trying to make my way through several of her works. At this point (this was maybe book 4 this year), they've become so formulaic that I can pretty much predict the arc by reading the dust jacket. As someone who likes to read things that surprise her - and is prone to figuring out what "surprise twists" most books will take, this isn't necessarily a good thing, but for those who like a routine, I guess it makes sense.

As in all her works, she takes an interesting idea to explore and comes at it from multiple angles, and for that it was a decent read, but really, it didn't explore any new ground. A solid "meh" from me.
3 likes · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nineteen Minutes.

message 1: by Sharon (new)

Sharon Maerten-Moore I read this one. It was pretty good.

message 2: by Stephanie (new)

Stephanie I think she is way overrated and a poor knockoff imitation of her favorite writer Alice Hoffman….Who is a far better and skilled writer..She writes for the intelligence level of soccer moms and as a result her books sell.

message 3: by Carole (new)

Carole I am so there with you on this assessment Stephanie. I've read two of her books and I don't understand the brouhaha; meh is just right.