Somer's Reviews > Little Women and Me

Expected publication: November 8th 2011 by Bloomsbury Publishing Plc

Format Read: Borrowed ARC provided by Smitten With Books ARC Tour

Number of Pages: 336

Summary From Goodreads:

Emily is sick and tired of being a middle sister. So when she gets an assignment to describe what she'd change about a classic novel, Emily pounces on Little Women. After all, if she can't change things in her own family, maybe she can bring a little justice to the March sisters. (Kill off Beth? Have cute Laurie wind up with Amy instead of Jo? What was Louisa May Alcott thinking?!) But when Emily gets mysteriously transported into the world of the book, she discovers that righting fictional wrongs won't be easy. And after being immersed in a time and place so different from her own, it may be Emily-not the four March sisters-who undergoes the most surprising change of all. Lauren Baratz-Logsted's winning confection will appeal to fans of Little Women as well as anyone who enjoys a modern twist on an old favorite.

What made me keep turning the page?

To discover Emily’s purpose in Little Women
The time traveling concept
Emily’s wit and personality
Reading Emily’s psychoanalysis of all the March sisters
Seeing how Emily could change the story
Watching Emily learn about herself
Observing Emily accommodate to the 1800s and all it had to offer (or not offer)
Any complaints?

There was a lot of repetitiveness throughout the story regarding the daily life of the March family
Recommendation:

Fans of Little Women
Fans of time travel
Final Thoughts…
Little Women and Me was a cute book. I love Little Women, so it was fun to see a different take on the classic story. While I wasn’t always eager to pick this book up and read it, I always had a hard time putting it down once I started.

Emily was a fun character that I really liked. She made me laugh out loud on several occasions with her wise cracking personality. I think the other March characters were portrayed as even more annoying than in the original, but it made the story more entertaining.

I love time travel books, and this was a light, non-confusing version of time travel. This is a perfect book for light reading, especially if you are a big fan of Little Women.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Little Women and Me.