Madeline Partner's Reviews > Born Wicked

Born Wicked by Jessica Spotswood

Dec 04, 11

Read from December 01 to 04, 2011

I blew through this book. When I wasn't reading it, I was thinking about reading it.
At first I was a little weary of this book, as I've read so many books about witches and witch trials. But that soon disappeared as I got sucked into the Cahill's lives and Cate's troubles and worries.

One thing I really loved about this book is how Spotswood really got into Cate's mind and poured out all her thoughts and feelings. I could really understand Cate's struggles, and why she made her decisions. I even started to agree with her on some things, which is a bit rare for me. Her views even made me forget about my own thoughts about what might happen as the book progressed, and my views on certain characters. Overall, Spotswood really figured out how to get in her characters head and easily portray their wild thoughts to the reader.

I also really enjoyed the plot. There were so many instances when I felt Cate and her sisters would finally get captured, only for them to be saved at the last minute. It really kept me on my toes, and I couldn't quite believe anything I read until it was later confirmed by a character. Sometimes the plot moved a tad bit fast for me, but overall I was able to catch up. One thing I must say is that you should NOT skim over some pages, or else you might find yourself in the situation of going "what the heck just happened?" and being so so confused.

I got to hand it to whoever created the cover for this book, I LOVE IT. The photo is really cute, and really ties in with how I think Cate ends up feeling throughout the book.

Overall I'll give this book 4.5 stars.
GIANTSPOILER DON'T READ
(view spoiler)
1 like · Likeflag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Born Wicked.

Talia i need to give this book back to you now lol

Madeline Partner that's a smart idea. (: