Kate's Reviews > A Clandestine Corporate Affair

A Clandestine Corporate Affair by Michelle Celmer

Aug 06, 2011

Read from August 30 to 31, 2011

Sometimes the secret baby plot bugs me because the heroine takes it upon herself to make a decision that affects three people, not just herself. But in this one, the hero has to shoulder part of the blame for not being part of the first nine months of his son's life because he knew the heroine was pregnant shortly after he broke up with her but didn't contact her to find out if he was the father (instead, he just assumed she'd had a rebound hook up).

All in all, it was a sweet story about not only reuniting with your "soul mate" (I really hate that term) but also reconciling your past familial problems (one estranged/abusive father, one overbearing father and one cocky brother).

I wanted a little more from the ending, which seemed a little abrupt for me. Maybe just one more scene with the protagonists going together to pick up their son from his play date would been enough -- I just wanted to see the three of them together again (view spoiler).
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Clandestine Corporate Affair.